CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

6.30.12 Party Marathon Ending in a Delightful Meal Day 27 - 70 DOS

What a jam-packed day!

We started the morning off meeting our birthing class from Eleanor's birth for our two - year reunion.  I love that some of us still stay in touch!  It is so neat to see the sweet babies who we met in their momma's wombs while practicing breathing and massage techniques with our husbands, grow into the sweet little kids their are becoming.

Here are some pictures from the day.  We also enjoyed meeting the two ladies who have since come into the families of the class members after their big brothers - Sophie Lazear and Felicity Blackwell.























After the pool get together, we rushed E home before she fell asleep and showered so that we would be ready to head to our next event - Addisyn Kinnan's birthday party at The Tubes.  I have been to The Arc before with Eleanor but had never heard of the Tubes before.  Both are great places to bring your kids to play when it is as hot as it is out!  Eleanor loved crawling in the tubes with her Daddy and me.  We were so late to the party because of her long nap that we ended up having the place to ourselves.  We did, however, get to see Addisyn on her way out and catch a quick pic.









I also had put a pork roast in croc pot and was excited to come home to the filling for Pork Carnitas ready to go.  I couldn't find the recipe I had pinned and used before so I tried to remember what I had done before...here is what I used and how wonderful it turned out!

Ingredients:
2 lb Pork Roast
1 large jar of green salsa (salsa verde)
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes, juices included
1 large can of diced chili peppers
1 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped

tortillas (for serving)
green salsa (for serving)

Dump all but the last two ingredients in your croc pot and cook on low all day - about 8 - 10 hours, until the pork is shredding off and falling apart.  Serve with shredded cabbage or lettuce, some pico, guac/sliced avocados, green salsa and cheese in a tortilla and you will be in heaven.  I also serve with a salad sometimes with my favorite cilantro vinaigrette (minus the ginger and use agave nectar in smaller amounts instead of honey) and/or black beans.  YUM!

What a fun and crazy day!

2 comments:

  1. Such cute photos! I love the one with Canon and me. Also, I am so happy you still like that cilantro vinaigrette...I think I have made it weekly this summer. It is so perfect for so many dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Lots of fun pics and two leads on new places to take the kids, especially since they're free and near my house! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete