CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 9, 2012

7.8.12 Lazy Day - Day 35 - 70 DOS

These 100+ days paired with a million projects going at home, I think I have finally hit the wall.  I slept until 8:30 this am (so did E thankfully) and then could hardly get enough energy to do anything.  I made breakfast for Eleanor and Grandma (Grandma and Grandpa were our first guests to stay in our home) and then plopped on the couch and visited with Grandma and Mom for a couple of hours.  Gma and I went to Dallas to show her MEA's house and so that I could do some returns.  We then rushed back for mass.

After mass, I, being thoroughly exhausted, voted to go home with Andy and Eleanor, just us three, and make dinner instead of going to mom and dad's for pizza.  We had one of our old, faithful, "college meals" - BLT's with a side of sauteed spinach.  When Andy and I first started dating, I used to try and introduce him to other side options than french fries and potato chips.  I made him this simple and not too exciting meal once, and it stuck.  We (though we hardly ever do) can't eat BLT's now without sauteed spinach on the side.  Don't be too impressed, it is literally a drizzle of EVOO, some sauteed minced garlic, throw in the spinach and stir until it wilts over medium heat.  Salt and pepper it and serve.  Quite possibly one of the easiest side dishes of all time.

I also write this post realizing we are already to day 35 of summer.  Is it really already halfway over!?

Here are a few things I would still like to accomplish before summer is over and a few fun things we have to come...I will resort back to the list as summer progresses:

- All things on the wall that are laying against it waiting to be decorated with (ex. mirrors, pictures)
- Eleanor's window seat fabric found and sewn onto the foam I have already purchased (this will also be my first try at sewing piping...EEK!)
- Throw pillows to polish of E's room and a few things on the wall...pinterest please inspire me!
- Our "headboard" complete and hung
- Bench for the living room complete
- Burlap Bulletin board up in the kitchen complete with Eleanor's letter/number of the day and other activities
- Throw pillow for chair in our room
- To curtain the house or not?
- progress on paining the rest of the trim in the house if not finish it
- Organize the pantry
- Have a garage sale
- Visit Amanda and the girls in Houston??
- Family trip (just the three of us) to HHCountry or HShoe Bay - trying to decide...opinions anyone? on our way to visit our friends, the Wentrceks in Kerrville and then drop Andy in San Antonio for Coaching School
- Read Wonder and a few other books on my goodreads "to read" shelf before the summer is over!
- This list could go on forever...

1 comment:

  1. I love the letter/number of the day idea! I am going to have to look in to doing something like that myself.

    ReplyDelete