CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 24, 2012

Grow in Grace

Grace - Eleanor can say that word and loves to quickly retort it when I say, "Hail Mary, full of..." She is so precious and I love hearing her say it. I need to work on striving to be a woman of grace and strive to even be a portion of what our Mother in heaven is in that respect. I love the verse for today:

But grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory now and to the day of eternity. [Amen.]
- 2 Peter 3:18 -

I so enjoy teaching Eleanor about our faith and well more right now, it is more just teaching her that Jesus loves her and she loves him, and pointing out Jesus/Mary/the saints wherever we see them. In order to encourage her to grow in knowledge of our Lord, I can only do so by setting an example of someone who strives to do so. What can I do to learn more about our Lord? Starting with diving into scripture and devoting time to Him before my trash TV or even maybe before my daily cleaning, I hope to do a better job at putting Him first. Why is it that when we wake up, the first thing we do is read a book or put on a show while Eleanor drinks her milk? Why do we not FIRST thank our Father for a new day? We are diligent about praying before meals and with Eleanor before bed as a family but I feel like there is always room for improvement. My hope is that Andy and I will continue to model for Eleanor giving thanks and praise to our Lord and asking for His guidance so that she might desire to give "praise and glory to the day of eternity." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment