CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lent 2012

I can't believe Lent is upon us again. It seems like the years are flying oh so quickly! Andy and I got so caught up in new jobs and the business of life that we really felt like we kind of "fell off the beaten path" with God lately. I love how Lent falls right at the beginning of the year and can serve as God's "kick in the butt" to help us get back on track. One of the things I discerned to do these 40 days, was inspired by a post I found on pinterest about 31 Days of Praying for Your Child. I (as with ANYTHING I find on pinterest) decided to modify it some but love the gist of using scripture to pray for our children. I (like many Catholics) am terrible with my scripture and have always had it as a "back of my mind" goal to dive into God's word and really learn and know it like so many of my Protestant brothers and sisters do. SO, what a better way to learn it than to learn it through prayer for my baby girl. I also love how the person who wrote this article would pray the scripture throughout the day and then recite it to their child at the end of the night. Since it is only 31 days, I will find some virtues/fruits/etc. that haven't been covered and will add them near the end but the verse for today is:

No comments:

Post a Comment