CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary - A Month Late!

Dearest Andrew Mark,
What a terrible wife I am for just now writing to you reflecting on our now 2 years of marriage, well two years and one month :)! With driving home from a three week vacation on our anniversary, the new job changes that hit us like a freight train (in a good way) and all the normal crazies life can bring, we didn't exactly get to stop and celebrate. I say that but at the same time, on vacation and then throughout the past month we have taken time to enjoy one another and make a toast to our two years. Some of those collaborative celebrations included:
- a date trip to Gettysburg, PA to tour the battlefield and immerse ourselves in our favorite time period in History without sweet Eleanor concluded by a super yummy dinner at the Dobbin House in historic Gettysburg, a house that was erected before and stood during the battle over 130 years ago!
- A bike and walking tour of DC alone and an AMAZING late lunch at our new favorite DC restaurant, Founding Farmers (we ate there twice while we were there)
- a steak dinner cooked to perfection by you and toasted in our special anniversary crystal wine glasses with one of our favorite pinot's once we got home!
- The night preceding the steak dinner was accompanied by mai tais from our favorite restaurant in Maui to remind us of our honeymoon

Babe, you continue to amaze me every day. I don't give you enough credit for the hard work you put forth for our family and the love and enthusiasm put into your job.

The dedication you have to our family is most shown into your unexplainable love you have for our daughter, Eleanor. It is AMAZING to watch you two together and I cherish the moments we have just the three of us. In fact, I told you just the other day when we had enjoyed a breakfast together at home and were lounging while Eleanor played that this was all I needed. It was such a joy to spend that time together, just us three :) Thank you for loving our sweet girl so much and for guiding her already in her faith and providing an example of a man of God and father to her.

Thank you for the best friend you are to me. You know me better than I know myself sometimes ha! Thank you for the supporter and positive re-inforcement you so often provide me. I love you so much and can't wait to see what God has to bring us to come!

LYSM,
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment