CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January Menu

SO usually I am the type that likes to plan my menu WEEKLY so to cook what is on special in the ads. While that worked well for me, I found I was cooking a lot of the same things and in an effort to organize the meals I have found and loved on Pinterest, I have decided to make a monthly menu. This is just a guide and you might notice some of the foods in the week share a common ingredient - I like to use say a rotisserie chicken a few different ways if you know what I mean or make a pot of beans and then re-fry them for a later meal. Anyway...we will see how this works and then I will have an archive of meals we love to look back on for future planning. Most all of these I have tried but I also like to at least once a week, try something new. Feel free to copy if you would like for your family meals! Also, if anyone can figure out how to embed a calendar either made in word, excel, or google calendars that can also have links to the dishes, PLEASE share with me - otherwise, I will have to do it the boring way below :(


January Week 1
1S: New Years Day annual hangover/good luck meal: Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Creamed Corn, Black Eyed Peas, Salad, Pioneer Biscuits



2M: Dinner out - Olive Garden GC - thank you TCE Students!

3T: Broiled Salmon (drizzled with evoo, coated in garlic salt, sea salt, pepper, lemon pepper, and juice squeezed from half a lemon), sauteed spinach (in minced garlic, salt, and pepper, evoo), maple glazed sweet potatoes

4W: Grilled Chicken and Veggies (roasted cauliflower/red onion/zuccini/yellow squash)

5TR: Shrimp Veracruzana, Cilantro Lime Rice, green beans

6F: Apricot Glazed Chicken, steamed broccoli, brown rice (for the huz)

7S: Bring a side to WWME Circle: Green salad with romaine, feta, chopped tomatoes, red or orange bell peppers, avocado, and cilantro vinaigarette


January - Week 2

8S: Breakfast: Skinny Blueberry Muffins (WAY better than the greasy real kind), Dinner: White Chicken Chili and a salad (probably with leftover cilantro vin because I am obsessed)

9M: Grilled Pork Chops with pan seared zuiccini/squash and a salad (L), baked potato (A)

10T: South Beach Phase 1 Turkey Meatloaf (will post the recipe on a post because I can't find online) and Califlower Mashed Potatoes (also from South Beach Diet Phase 1), green beans almondine

11W: Asian Chicken with Spaghetti Squash Sesame Noodles and Edamame and Asian Cabbage Salad (will post recipe as it is in my recipe book)

12TR: Grilled Salmon Salad (romaine, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, feta, balsalmic vinaigarette, black beans)

13F: Leftover Salmon and Black Bean Quinoa

14S: Ground Turkey Stuffed Zuccini Boats and salad - a WAY healthier alternative to lasagne

(I realize this week is LOADED with black beans but Andy will be out of town for some of it so won't care and I LOVE them and could eat the everyday so without his retorts, I will!)

January - Week 3

15S: Chicken Picatta

16M: Pot o Beans (pinto beans that have been soaked over night, onion slices, two cloves of garlic, one seeded jalep. pepper whole, 2 slices of bacon - simmer all day long)

17 T: Chicken Lettuce Wraps and fried rice (for Andy)

18W: Ground Turkey Taco Salad (make taco meat with ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and a little bit of water), romaine, tomatoes, avo, onion, shredded cheese, and a side of either leftover beans refried or whole - whichever I am in the mood for :)

19TR: Either sandwiches on the go or dinner in Dallas - going to meet Baby Emily as she will be delivered on this day!

20F: Sloppy Turkey and Veggie Sandwiches and Baked Zuccini/Sweet Potato Fries


21S: Eat out

January - Week 4

22S: Roasted Chicken with the roasted vegetables and green beans and/or a salad (will use the leftover chicken for the enchiladas later this week) and the most amazing HOMEMADE Dressing I like the first one...also dried the sweet one too with cranberries!

23M: 15 Bean Soup with a Ham Bone from Thanksgiving in the soup! Makes a lot for lunches all week! :)

24T: Stacked Black bean, veggie, and chicken Enchiladas (I add chicken to this recipe and might make a different more tomato based sauce)

25W:

26TR:

27F: Eatzis on the way to CS

28S: Anniversary Dinner out with the Reinbergs

January Week 5/February Week 1

29S:

30M:
31T:









4S:

No comments:

Post a Comment