CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Asian Cole Slaw

This is a super yummy alternative to a salad. We will often make it with asian marinated grilled chicken and some fried rice (for Andy). I just recently tried it with a new recipe I found as another side - Spaghetti Squash with Edamame Sesame Noodles and really enjoyed it! Also, you can skip the ramen if you want to take the carbs out - I didn't have any and had to do that one time and it was just as good...just add a few more almonds in and you will be good to go! :) I HAVE to add the ramen though at my husband's rq :)


Dry Ingredients:

1 pkg. crushed ramen (throw the seasoning packet out)
1c. sliced almonds
1 bag of shredded cabbage (can do the coleslaw/broccoli slaw too but it will have carrots)
1c. dried cranberries


Wet Ingredients:
1/4 c. olive oil
2 tbs. water
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
2 tbs. soy sauce
1/8 c. sugar (the recipe calls for 1/4c. but I can't let myself put that much sugar in this...sometimes I just put like a tbs., you can always use splenda too)

Put the ramen and almonds on a sheet of foil and toast in your toaster oven or conventionl oven until golden (watch them because they can burn easily).

Combine all dry ingredients and toss. Then, mix all wet with a whisk and pour over the slaw. It is SO yummy served with grilled hawaiian chicken or any type of "asian fusion" dish! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment