CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Baby is ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!

May 18, 2010

May 18, 2011



WOW I can't believe it. This entire week I have been thinking back in my head, "What was I doing a year ago today?" As I write this post, I realize I was really feeling my contractions at this point. I would have been on pitocin since 6am and still have a few hours before I decided to get the epidural. My mind has erased the pain and I sit here wishing I could do it all over again. What an amazing experience it was to give birth to my sweet little girl and what an even more exciting and every emotion you could imagine-filled year it has been!


I think back on this year and all I can feel is so very blessed. I think of all the people whose children don't get to see their first birthday or who have had health problems, any of the many things people are handed with children and here I am with a beautiful, healthy, and so happy perfect (I am biased) little girl. What did I do to deserve this? I remember when I got pregnant being so upset and definitely not greatful at first and now, I can't imagine what I would do without this sweet baby! God, thank you so much for the blessing of our daughter, Eleanor.


Shortly after Eleanor was born, Andy and I went to a marriage conference with Scott Hahn as the keynote speaker. One thing he said that I will never forget is that not until you hold your very own child do you realize how much God loves you. You are looking in the eyes of this sweet perfect little cherub of a child, rocking him or her to sleep and you are overwhelmed with love for him or her. He told us that one night he was doing that with his eldest son and had a revelation that as much as he loves his son, God loves him a million times more despite all his shortcomings. As I hold my squirmy girl and not want her to let go, wanting her to stay in my arms forever, I again am filled with an unexplainable love for her and in turn am so thankful for that even greater love our Father in heaven has for us!


Eleanor, you have been more of a blessing to us than you could ever imagine. What a miracle it has been to experience seeing you in Mommy's belly as a teeny little spec and a little less than two years later a perfectly sweet and full of personality little girl! As your Marmi always says, "Our cups Runneth Over!"


We love you so much and can't WAIT to see what else God reveals to us through you. We pray that we may continue to lift you up to Him as He forms you eventually into the woman He created you to be. We hope that our family will continue to keep Christ as our center and our number one goal will continue to be to follow Him and His will! Heavenly Father, thank you so much for the gift of Eleanor, please continue to use us to show Eleanor your beautiful love and please keep her safe! Thank you for gifting us with Eleanor a year ago today!

We love you sweet girl, Happy Birthday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment